Wednesday 9 February 2011



I have chosen an image of Tinie Tempah as he is very similar to my cover model as they are psychographically and demographically similar, and both of these would attract my target audience. Both of these images are mid shots which make them similar. Another thing that they have in common in that their gaze is not directly at the camera. The style of my image gives the reader more eye attraction due to the effects that have been changed. There is a difference with the angle at which they are looking away from the camera as they are opposite. My image shows him with his coat collar up which shows he means business which links to the name of the magazine. Both of the images facial expressions are relatively normal which shows the coolness. The lighting used on the other image has been crated to show that the artist is a beam of light, whereas with my image I chose to cartoon him a type of diversification away from magazine norms. The clothing of both images is very casual and the raybans that they have show the similarities.

Demographically my images are very similar as they are of the same gender. I chose to use a male for my front cover not because it is a male magazine but as I feel this would attract both male and female readers. This is because it would be an attraction as a role model to the male audience and a symbol of attraction for the female audience. If I had chosen a female image I feel I wouldn’t have been able to attract the same type of audience that I can with a male image as the female audience may not like to buy the magazines with “pretty” girls on the front. My magazine is targeted at social groups BC1C2D. The magazine is psychographically similar as it attracts people with the same interests and some are individuals which are different to others. The magazine is mainly aimed at these people as they are the type of people that the images and the articles are going to attract. My magazine would attract big sponsors as it is aimed at the mass market. The sponsors that would be in the magazine would be the top end of fashion that the images contain which would ensure that they are attracting my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment